Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Help me get rid of my Hydrangea?

OK keep in mind when answering this question I am 5'3 and not that big, I am strong and will do what I need to do, but I am by no means a man. I have Hydrangea planted by my house it is about 7 ft long by about 5 ft wide. I do not want them there. I did not plant them, they were there when I bought the house.





Today I spent 2 hours digging at the roots with a shovel and wedging them and getting them up, it was extremely difficult. I will do what I have to do to get rid of them but if anyone has a better idea I would so appreciate it! Some of the roots are about 3 inches around so a tiller is out of the question. Thanks in advance.

Help me get rid of my Hydrangea?
I feel your pain. Try taking an axe to the roots. Move the dirt away from the roots and go at it girl.





Get a chainsaw if you really want to do some damage.
Reply:Once you have cut the tops off to the ground you can drill holes in the trunk and fill them with table salt and this will make sure that nothing comes back. After that if you can wait a while the roots will rot and will be easier to remove. Otherwise get a hatchet or saw and cut them as far back as you can.

addis

No comments:

Post a Comment