Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Will Hydrangea survive in a pot?

I got a hydrangea for Valentines Day, It was blooming. I repotted it in a bigger pot and it bloomed again. I can't plant outside. Any suggestions on how to keep it alive over the winter?

Will Hydrangea survive in a pot?
Depends on where you live. Look, all the botanical houses have a hothouse where the hydrangeas grow in a pot. Make it big enough and water it as it seems to need a lot of water.





Try a corner of your sitting room near the windows where they get light and some warmth.





Go get a gardening book and see how it survives your climate. I live where my hydrangeas are in pots, outdoors, the whole year round. They're lovely!
Reply:I have had mine for about that long and put it in the pot and set it outside under a robellini palm. Seems to be doing fine. Will bring it back in when the weather turns colder.

gert

No comments:

Post a Comment